Graffiti in u'r Body

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Layering and Japan

Ok, so this post is kind of about two things. My current love of Layering, and my current love of Japan.

Would also like to mention my friend lily, who embraced the style of layering when I went for a meal with her and a friend the other night, and she looked fantastic, wish I could have taken a picture. She was wearing little brown leather slouchy boots, a purple H and M shirt with a carigan over the top, shorts, tights and to top it all off, wound around her neck a long wooly purple scarf, which was given to her as a christmas present last year from our BF Charlotte.

But anyway, other than Lost In Translation, my current love for Japan is because a friend of the family recently gave me some old japanese magazines that she was going to throw out. I'm in love with some of the pictures in there and wish I had a scanner to show some of the amazing styles of some people. But, I did find some pictures on someones Flickr site. I especially love the second picture. It really demonstrates how great the japanese are at layering and shows wearing clashy patterns can work really well.

Heres the site address for the page where I found the pictures, its worth having a peek, they're good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
http://flickr.com/photos/45821094@N00/230454494/in/set-72157594262427236/

More examples of Japanese layering....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

check out the girl on the left with all her cardigans-she looks fantastic! The colours look great together and I love the metalics. Reminds me of Ana from the OC! [see below, looking Hawt]

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Love the girl on the rights outfit. I love her puffa jacket/gilet thing, isn't it typical that when I had a big fat silver one when I was little, I didn't like it, but I love this. Mind you, I probably still wouldn't wear a puffa jacket/gilet even if i had one. I'd feel a bit too much like a marshmallow! The Picture of camoflague, beanie and skinny jeans finish off the outfit very well, I think!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think this outfit is very Rachel Zoe! But better...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And look, even the tour guides in Japan look good!

THAT IS ALL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graffiti in u'r Body